Prev: RE: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)) Next: RE: CNP and TTN (Was Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was

RE:FT-Battleriders

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:45:13 -0000
Subject: RE:FT-Battleriders

I aslo forgot to include the fact about the way I had designed them, the
cost of the battleriders is LESS than the cost of a fighter wing and
it`s
hanger bay. I`d originally thought of these as a defence against "soap
bubble" carrier fleets, as for each fighter wing, you could have one of
these and if the enemy uses several "soap bubble" carriers, the
remaining
mass/cost could be used for a energy weapon equipted strike ship, that
would
kill the carriers after the fighters have been killed. At 4 PDS per
fighter
group (although that is probably unnessasery, maybe a bit too much
overkill?), these would blunt any fighter attack.

For a example, lets have 2 opposing groups. The first would be a "soap
bubble" carrier group, and the second would be using my battleriders.

Soap bubble carriers

2 fighter bays, minimum hull, FTL, thrust=6, 2 PDS.
Cost=176, Mass=40 (anybody want to check my maths?)

For the cost of 2 of these, you could have 4 battleriders (total cost of
152) and a ship killer (a fast CL or such) upto a cost of 200 pts. Seams
like a pritty good way of killing fighters to me <G>.

BIF

Prev: RE: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)) Next: RE: CNP and TTN (Was Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was