Prev: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Re: Ghurkas

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 21:47:23 +0000
Subject: Re: Ghurkas

>I would believe either variant.  I also heard a story of a time that a
>British officer, feeling superior, hughtily instructed a Gurkha Sgt.
heading
>out on patrol to bring him a German officer's watch.  reportedly the
Gurkha
>complied, but the watch was still on a wrist.

I've heard the "I.D. by shoelace knot" story as well. I also recall my
father talking about his days as an RA gunner in the desert campaign (on
25pdrs at Alamein!) and mentioning serving with Gurkha units at various
times - even our own troops were (respectfully) scared stiff of the
little
blighters, especially after rumours that they were bringing Jerry heads
back with them from patrols....

Jon (GZG)

>Brian
>
>"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which
psychoanalysis is

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp