Prev: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: M-class planets (was Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry (was some other stuff))

Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry (was some other stuff)

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:31:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry (was some other stuff)

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

[...M-class planets being something hospitable to human/oid life...]

> Which still leaves Brian hanging, though it brings up an interesting
> question: does an M-class(whatevertheheckthatREALLYmeans) require a
near G0
> star, or can you put a planet with heavy atmosphere in a further orbit
> around a hotter star, or lesser atmosphere in a near orbit to a cooler
one?
> I seem to recall interesting speculations on radiation
> other-than-light-heat, and year lengths. If this is TOO OT, let me
know.

One of the early episodes of "Enterprise" (if anyone is following
it; I saw the first few, but missed the last couple due to being too
dang busy) they kinda explained the "M-class" thing as being of Vulcan
origin. I don't remember the exact explanation, however. Will have to
dig up the episode and rewatch it....when I get more copious free time
(i.e., don't hold your breath for a while :-/ ).

> OH, PLEASE, if you respond to this post, and you only take one point,
> adjust the subject.

Thanks to point this out; I almost didn't notice!

Mk