Prev: Re: FT: Thanks Oerjan; figure sizes. Next: Re: small powers

[GZG/LST/FT] 'pedia/Digest subscribers/AoG ships

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:27:42 -0600
Subject: [GZG/LST/FT] 'pedia/Digest subscribers/AoG ships

***
Stellar spectral type "M" means a star is red/cool.  It could be a giant
or
a dwarf.  Spectral type refers to temperature, not to size.

If you're talking about a Star Trek "class M" planet, that's something
like
"hospitable to humanoid life" or something like that.
***

Which still leaves Brian hanging, though it brings up an interesting
question: does an M-class(whatevertheheckthatREALLYmeans) require a near
G0
star, or can you put a planet with heavy atmosphere in a further orbit
around a hotter star, or lesser atmosphere in a near orbit to a cooler
one?
I seem to recall interesting speculations on radiation
other-than-light-heat, and year lengths. If this is TOO OT, let me know.

Brian: I don't recognize any of your list as near-to-Sol in
characteristics, but, dependent on the above, that may not be a big
concern. PSB is a marvelous thing.

***
I use fleet action Narn or Shadow warships for those occasions when
I'm ripping Charles to pieces. They fly in tight formations better
than his micromachines or the B5 Wars scale ships.
***

Adam, PLEASE try to remember to add a coherent 'subject' to the digest
ID
in the subject line when you reply. ;->=

If I recall, the question was: How do they work with GZG ships? Well,
both
scales can work pretty well. You adjust the sizes some, and you ignore
the
extremes. I'd think a B5 Wars Bin'tak or Octurian would have to be a
super
ship next to GZG ships.

OH, PLEASE, if you respond to this post, and you only take one point,
adjust the subject.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: FT: Thanks Oerjan; figure sizes. Next: Re: small powers