Prev: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: Re: Prospective Novice

Re: Prospective Novice

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:52:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Prospective Novice

Beth said:
> There's less chance for a return run in vector than cinematic
(firstly
> because it tends to be bloodier in a faster time so you don't need
another
> pass)

Right.	Generally when A and B meet, it's bloody enough that one side
or the other is going to take a very dim view of renewed contact
(Note: my point of view may be influenced by my ship designs).	If A
and B are about the same thrust capacity and were on opposing courses,
it's very tough to turn around and catch an opponent who has decided
to quit the field.  However, there's no law that says both sides have
to enter from opposite table edges--so try one side coming on at
clockface 10, heading for 4, and the other side coming on at clockface
8 o clock, headed for 3.  Or just keep your velocity down.

Prev: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: Re: Prospective Novice