Prev: Re: Ghurkas Next: Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 18:14:25 EST
Subject: Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

On Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:57:25 -0800 "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> writes:
>After the debacle of last week, I talked to a friend of mine and he
>gave me
>a darned good idea for a political entity.  I took the time of looking
>over
>the nations listed on the website that was recommended, and only one
>comes
>close to following the same line of thoughts:	The Thousand Nations.
>
>The idea was batted around with my friend about a Native American
>movement
>to colonize space.

Another one that is already done but not posted - Native People's
Circle.
 ***But** given the diverse nature of the Native Americans/American
Indians/Amerindians/whatever my Fathers' ancestors are being called
currently I think we have room to allow several groups.  I have copied
mine pretty much on the SE tribes (Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw, and et.
al.)
with a thin layer of NE tribes and some dressing from the Plains
cultures
(and the war practices of the PNW nations - ouch!)

I took that idea and worked out the concept of one
>that
>was not a splinter FROM the NAC, rather it was assisted in it's
>founding BY
>the NAC, for two reasons:
>
>1.  To deal with the pesky issue of the North American tribes, they
>had a
>certain level of autonomy on their reservations during the days of the
>US,
>I'm sure they'd have some questions about that status when the NAC
>took
>over.

Agreed!  Only The NPC (Native People's Circle) found private funding to
buy the transportation services (plus another one of those lip-service
treaties (only this time by the NPC)

>2. To really stick it to the LLAR.  Native groups in South America are
>
>extremely oppressed, it is well-documented.  By encouraging these
>groups to
>seek independence, they create a new enemy for the LLAR (The enemy of
>my
>enemy....).

The divergent Latino group the LLP (League of Latino Peoples)  abandoned
the LLAR guys for being too "...hooked on Earth..." and were part of the
Financing of the NPC move (in consideration for their own continent on
the planet, of course) and have a (several times honored both ways)
defensive alliance with the NPC versus the PHR (People's Holy Republic),
the RRR (Royal Russian Republic), and the NEA (New European
Association.)
 "Our" little corner of the universe has all the "...I thought we would
get away from everyone else..." types.	 And those pesky Incorprotated
Japanese Kingdoms guys!  Plus the "merchants" of the sector, the South
Asian Imperium.

Jeez, time to publish the 'local history' I guess.

> [...]
>This creates a great deal of tension.	Some thinker in the NAC gets a
>bright
>idea.	"We help the Indians colonize several worlds, worlds which have
>
>little economic use for us, but are strategically of minor importance.
>In
>exchange, the Indians must agree to allow us to stage bases and Naval
>facilities in those systems (As if they have much of a choice).  We
>encourage Native tribes from the LLAR (eg Miskitos, Yanomami) to join
>as
>well."
>
>And so the Council of Native Peoples is born.	It contains 2-3
>systems, with
>NAC bases and maybe 1 NAC colony on a world not colonized by the
>indians.
>In addition to these colonies, the indians also help organize
>anti-LLAR,
>Pro-CNP insurgencies among the Native populations of several LLAR
>Colonies
>(These LLAR Indians would be used in LLAR mostly for slave labor, I'm
>guessing).  These insurgencies are covertly backed by the NAC, of
>course.
>Eventually 1 or 2 succeed, and join the CNP fold, whil;e others are
>quashed
>and still others go on.
>
>Initially most of the military defense of the CNPO would be provided
>directly by the NAC, but as time progresses, they would build their
>own
>forces.  Perhaps they developed some industry to sell repair supplies
>etc.
>to the NAC bases in their territory.  They would then begin to use
>this
>industrial capacity to build their own army & space navy.  Eventually
>they
>would be capable of their own defense.  The NAC would no longer need
>maintain as heavy a presence in these systems, though they'd still
>maintain
>bases.
>
>I'm thinking the CNP would be an ally of NAC, and much of their Naval
>firepower would either be directly purchased from or heavily
>design-influenced by the NAC.	They would be an active enemy of the
>LLAR, as
>well of several of the smaller powers that split from the NAC.
>
>Each people group would be given a certain planet/area/colony, and
>would
>have internal autonomy, while a UN-like council would make decisions
>concerning foreign affairs, and a joint m,ilitary would be responsible
>for
>most defense and military issues.  The Indians would consider this
>model a
>direct descendant of the Five Nation Confederation used by Native
>Americans
>in the Northeast in pre-colonial and colonial America.
>
>Brian
>
>"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which

Okay, I need a 'star or two' for each nation in my campaign and to get
into the GZG_Pedia, obviously.	 The farther out from the Kravak the
better...  I have my own aliens to worry about.  <grin>

Brain, I love your idea.  Compltely different from mine so we can both
coexist with out duplicating each other's work.  Contact me off list and
we can exchange notes about these groups.  The NPC (not having NAC
support, fell back on GMS/H technology) will be the flip side to your
group - The NPC lets the LLP do a lot of their interfacing with the
"Anglo-White" groups like the NAC now that they have their own
homelands.
 You could be the Crow to my Sioux... well, maybe not quite that way but
you would represent those who worked with the NAC and I would be the
group that mixed elemments of the Trqaditrionals' dislike of the NAC's
prior history with (very) limited coopersation.  BTW, I am having a
senior moment and won't be near a web browser until tomorrow - The
Thousand Nations represents.... who again?

What (if any) regional cultures are going to be the basis of your CNP?

Who do I contact about getting my group into the 'Pedia?

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: Re: Ghurkas Next: Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)