Prev: Re: FT: Prospective Novice Next: Re: Fulton Family (was RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space)

Re: RE: Powers That Be

From: aebrain@a...
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 16:13:26 +1100
Subject: Re: RE: Powers That Be

The Full Metal Atkinson wrote:

> Second-most boring is, IMNSHO, Scots.  How many
> dissident Scottish colonies are there?

All of them.

> Why won't anyone do something original?  Seperatist
> Basques, or Militant Expansionist Swedes (The Restored
> Vasa Hegemony?), or Kurds, or Sihks, or Carmelite
> Nuns, or breakaway Thais,

Breakaway Thais - good idea. The Thai Royal Family ended up
in the OU (according to the Unofficial GZGpedia) along with
a large retinue, and they are a sizeable minority. Giving
them a planet to call their own (Krungthep?)would be quite
reasonable.

> or libertarian monarchist
> wackos (Oh, I think that may be taken), or a restored
> Bavarian Monarchy, or Seperatist Austrians, or
> Romanians, or crossdressing Nazi Eskimos,

Alarishi has those. All of em I think.

There's the mad mob of the LEF who want to restore all of
formerly French Polynesia and New Caledonia to FSE rule.
They might have their own system.

There's also the Hutt River Province, not actually in the OU
but not actually out of it either. The ex-FSE Battlecruisers
"Prince Leonard" and "Princess Shirl" are their total Navy,
and they've got mixed OU and IAS crews	(much like NATO's
AWACS aircraft have Luxembourgois registration).

> or Costa
> Ricans tired of the Banana Republic atmosphere of the
> LLAR, or SOMETHING. . .

Quebecois? Newfies? Wallonaise vs Vlaams ?

Armenians and Kurds (as you said) look to me like the best bets
for "serious" nations-without-homelands.

For "slightly silly", try Jesuits or Sikhs.

For "Silly", GZG has Nuns-with-Guns etc. So why not "Sisters of
Our Lady of Perpetual Chastisement"?

Prev: Re: FT: Prospective Novice Next: Re: Fulton Family (was RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space)