Prev: Re: OT: Powers That Be Next: RE: Powers That Be

RE: Powers That Be

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:21:34 +1100
Subject: RE: Powers That Be

G'day,

> 1. Where is the best place to read up on the history of the
> Canon/commonly accepted non-cannon tuffleyverse?
> I want my little fiefdom to mesh
> historically with what's out there.

The history (or most of it) can be found at one of the following:

http://www.ftsr.org/gzg/gzghist_ts.asp

http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/Gaming/gzghist.htm

The galactic encyclopaedia (a work in progress from many listers) is at

http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/gzgpedia/

> 2. Along the same vein, what is the best way to determine a
> plausible amount of holdings for not-quite-a-real-power
> (ie, not just 1 colony, but not interested in any more
> than the few they have; no real influence outside
> their own space, but capable of bloodying anyone who might
> try to push them around)?

I'd say stick with one (or maybe two) systems, it (they) can have
multiple
planets of course ;)

Beyond that say you share with other peoples - that's why I did with the
IAS, they have one system of their own and some Terran (Antarctic)
holdings,
but most of their colonies are joint ventures in marginal areas (hot or
cold) claimed by other nations (which usually lack the expertise to
develop
the area on their own).

I took a different route for the Henti (they were some of the first
colony
ships, there was an accident and they ended up 400 yrs in the past and a
heap of distance away and don't run back into the rest of humanity until
the
Xeno War has started), but I play with them as more sort of a spin-off
than
an integrated part of the GZGverse.

> 3. Given the nature of 2 of the 3 cultural groups I plan to
> make up my little entity, I was wondering if there was anyone on the
> list who, in addition to understanding the games
> and the tuffleyverse, would also understand something
> about Irish and/or Scottish culture?	(I figure there
> must be someone, given the wide variety of genius on this list)

I know a bit (maiden name being Strachan and all), but I don't doubt
that
others can help you out too. What info are you after?

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: OT: Powers That Be Next: RE: Powers That Be