Prev: Re: My take on non cannon FT AND OT: Powers That Be Next: Re: FT: Prospective Novice

Re: My take on non cannon FT AND OT: Powers That Be

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 19:11:23 -0800
Subject: Re: My take on non cannon FT AND OT: Powers That Be

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

>Thomas Barkclay asked about peoples use of the original FT background a
>while ago (ok, about 3 days, just seems a long time ago).
>***
>
>I think that was Brian's question, and this cannon is canon.

Yes, it was, thanks for remembering. :-)

>***
>1. Where is the best place to read up on the history of the
Canon/commonly
>accepted non-cannon tuffleyverse?
>2. Along the same vein, what is the best way to determine a plausible
>amount
>of holdings for not-quite-a-real-power
>***
>
>Well, the cover-to-all questions is, of course, the four books. To
further
>expand the reach, I direct you to Jerry Han's mind-bogglingly useful
site,
>with it's sub-unit, the Encyclopedia  Galactica:
>http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/gzgpedia/
>
>Yes, that's the same site that has the archives; can you believe your
good
>fortune?!?!?!?
>
>Well, I'm assuming the reading will keep you busy awhile. ;->=

At least until I can afford the books.

>***
>3.I was wondering if there was anyone on the list who, in addition to
>understanding the games and the tuffleyverse, would also understand
>something about Irish and/or Scottish culture?
>***
>
>WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WELSH?!?!?!

Actually I was thinking of including the Welsh in this category, but was

pressed for time.  Anyone with Welsh insight would also be most welcome.
 As
well as Manx, etc.

>*ahem* I think you'll find some Keltoi spin-offs in the encyclopedia...

Anyone object to my adding one more?

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: Re: My take on non cannon FT AND OT: Powers That Be Next: Re: FT: Prospective Novice