Prev: Re: [FT] Oz Shoestring Space Program Next: Re: Metallic coloring, was: Painting irridium vehicles

Re: Metallic coloring, was: Painting irridium vehicles

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:33:13 +0100
Subject: Re: Metallic coloring, was: Painting irridium vehicles

> Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
>
>There are a few different ways to get "metal" effects. (I'm sure that
>there's many more than I present here, but I've actually used these.)

One I often use for metal (as opposed to plastic) figures/models is not
paint the figures, but to leave the metal as it is. It can be enhanced
in
two diffrerent ways:

A dark wash of thinned steel grey or black. Depending on how intense you
make the wash, you can just enhance the edges or make it dark steel,
good
for e.g.mail armour
OR
Polish the metal to a sheen. Good for swords and plate armour.

Cover with glossy varnish for large scale figures, with satin or matt
for
smaller minis. Uncovered washes may rub off, polished metal may dull
over
time.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [FT] Oz Shoestring Space Program Next: Re: Metallic coloring, was: Painting irridium vehicles