Prev: Islamic Fed TO Next: RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space

Re: OT - Jungle Trees

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:37:44 -0600
Subject: Re: OT - Jungle Trees

***
> Same goes for trees in "wild animal" packs (the ones with lions,
tigers,
> giraffes etc). You may also like to check out the local pet store,
some
of
> the aquarium "decorations" and fake weed can work well for trees,
though
you
> may to reinforce some of the "trunks" with a bit of wire.

Or cake decorating accessories.  Mike Sarno has done very well
with them for his Vietnam era games.
***

Beth caught me in one of my occasions of 'I was thinking of several, but
only mentioned...', as there are even some cheapo green army men sets
with
brush, though the wild animal, extinct or not, sets can have some VERY
nice
pieces.

As for cake decorations, it helps if you work for a bakery, or a store
with
in-house baking, as a friend does. Sometimes, dumping inventory makes
for
most kewl targets of opportunity.

One of things about aquaria fauna is that it's often long strings of
leaf
clusters or disks that can be cut apart so each is an individual plant.
Also, many are colored such that they can look really alien, but still
as
man-sized plants. Not all; some end up looking just silly. YMMV, as it's
your judgement call.

Damn, all this must be SOMEWHERE on the web, right?

The_Beast

Prev: Islamic Fed TO Next: RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space