Prev: Re: [FT] Ballpoints In Space Next: Re: OUDF design Qs

RE: pens

From: "mrUseless" <mruseless@h...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:23:16 -0700
Subject: RE: pens

The reason I often seek to defend such claims is that they are often
exaggerated by the media.
Take, for example, the "$600,000 toilet seat". This was, in part, a
toilet
seat. However, a little digging will find out the rest of the story. The
cost was for a completely contained high-altitude toilet for use on
military
planes. Now, I'm no expert in toilet design, but it's not as simple as
plunking a common toilet into a pressurized room. Anyway, the media
heard
about it and the rest is history.....
Eric