Prev: [list] Please excuse this test. Next: GZG Store

Re: Painting irridium vehicles

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 14:54:12 +0000
Subject: Re: Painting irridium vehicles

>Roger Books wrote:
>
>> I'm going to paint a set  of vehicles Hammer's Slammers style.
>> One problem, I have never seen a piece of irridium.	The online
>> sites say "bluish white".
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm thinking steel with a blue
>> ink glaze or maybe silver with blue mixed in, but I'm really
>> not sure.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Roger Books
>
>Hammer's Slammers is a no-nonsense unit that does not let anything get
>in the way of collecting the victory bonus, so the vehicles will have
>the appropriate camouflage pattern (which is unlikely to be bare
>metal).  I think only "Nameless" ever went into combat without paint
>[either _Rolling_Hot_ or _Counting_the_Cost (the one where some rear
>area people form a relief column)], as it was pressed into service as
>soon as it was uncrated.

I agree that the vehicles probably should be camo-painted to make sense,
and certainly all the ones that the Warlords use for their big Slammers
game are, but there ARE a number of references in the books (IIRC) to a
"dull sheen" of Iridium armour (or some similar phrase) that implies
they
are actually bare metal; I suppose this COULD be read as seeing patches
of
bare armour where paint has been burned off....?

Jon (GZG)

Prev: [list] Please excuse this test. Next: GZG Store