Prev: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship Next: Re: GEVs: Engineering and Recovery

Re: Painting irridium vehicles

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:07:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Painting irridium vehicles

Roger Books wrote:

> I'm going to paint a set  of vehicles Hammer's Slammers style.
> One problem, I have never seen a piece of irridium.  The online
> sites say "bluish white".
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?	I'm thinking steel with a blue
> ink glaze or maybe silver with blue mixed in, but I'm really
> not sure.
>
> TIA
>
> Roger Books

Hammer's Slammers is a no-nonsense unit that does not let anything get
in the way of collecting the victory bonus, so the vehicles will have
the appropriate camouflage pattern (which is unlikely to be bare
metal).  I think only "Nameless" ever went into combat without paint
[either _Rolling_Hot_ or _Counting_the_Cost (the one where some rear
area people form a relief column)], as it was pressed into service as

Prev: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship Next: Re: GEVs: Engineering and Recovery