Prev: Re: Jane's 2183 ooh ooh ooh! Next: Re: Non-canon powers and the LE

Re: Painting iridium vehicles

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:24:24 -0600
Subject: Re: Painting iridium vehicles

***
DSII,
***

Just curious for the paint part of the question. Big vehicles tend to
need
a metal paint; for smaller scales, with the right techniques, grey
and/or
white can work well.

***
I just wish somebody made a blower tank.  I've
been considering getting a set of tribarrels off the GZG
AV6 Troop Transport VTOL and using them for customizing
a Ganymede Tank (again by GZG), but the cost is prohibitive.
$15US for 2 tanks is steep.  Anyone know of any other
figs with tribarrels?

1/300 doesn't seem to be something that fits into the
clubs at Eureka.

I really don't want to get into white-metal casting, but
I may have to in order to get what I want.
***

You can't get by with bashed plastic pieces? Take larger bore barrels
and
scribe longitudinal lines to indicate multi-barrels? Haven't tried
either,
but worth the effort, I'd think.

Prev: Re: Jane's 2183 ooh ooh ooh! Next: Re: Non-canon powers and the LE