Prev: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers Next: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers

Re: Anti GEV mines

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:40:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Anti GEV mines

--- Richard Kirke <richardkirke@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If you want to take out a GEV/Grav/VTOL then what
> about the Wide Area Mine
> system (Or WAM for short, take the tanks out before
> they go go... sorry
> couldn't resist!). I'm think this works on an
> accoustic recognition system.

Seismic sensors, with IR targeting.

The problem with Raptors[1] is that the game
degenerates into 'dueling robots'.  Realistic is nice,
but it gets old quickly.

[1]Raptor Combat Outpost is a mix of Hornet WAMs plus
extra sensors and control units.

DSII is sufficiently abstract that we can assume any
minefield is a mix of types countered by an equally
generic mix of countermeasures.  Doing much more than
that bogs the game down badly and makes all of you too
easy to beat when you get a real engineer involved.
There is a reason this is a seperate career field.

John

Prev: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers Next: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers