Prev: Re: [SGII] VTOL AND Final Fantasy ship? Next: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING

RE: [SG] Rules modifications

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:02:53 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG] Rules modifications

On Friday, October 26, 2001 3:31 PM, Jaime Tiampo
[SMTP:fugu@spikyfishthing.com] wrote:
> 2) Idea for unguided rocket pods:
> * Pod that houses IAVRs at 2 per capacity (this is pretty expensive
for
> capacity but more balanced in game terms)
> * Launch as many as you want at one time
> * Rolls attack same as IAVR

When I did full blown aerospace combat rules, I gave the GMS/P 2 ammo
for 1
capacity.

Firing more than 2-3 IAVRs at once, is better covered under rules for
SLAM
(you can *just* fit it on a gunship) which are unguided rockets anyway.
For IAVRs, I would give them 3-5 ammo per launcher (per capacity point),
but
each launcher can only fire once per activation (using multiple mounts
if
applicable).  For some targets this does work out better than firing a
GMS
or APSW.

Brendan

Prev: Re: [SGII] VTOL AND Final Fantasy ship? Next: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING