Prev: Re: Re: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and corrected Next: RE: Re: [FT] OU Defence Force Website now error checked and

DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon & Personal Stratrgy/Tactics/Design Philosophies

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:06:25 -0800
Subject: DS/FT/SG: Tuffleyverse Cannon & Personal Stratrgy/Tactics/Design Philosophies

It's been several years since I first purchased DS II, and it looks like
I'm
drawing nigh unto a time when I'll actually have a chance to PLAY it,
hallelujah, as well as maybe get involved in the other fine games GZG
makes.
  The question I have is this:

How many people out there ever stray from the official "Tuffleyverse"
and
come up with their own political/military powers to scrap it out?  It
was
this possibility that first drew me to the game (Having been introduced
sci fi wargaming via Battletech, I had grown weary of the
"House/Clan/Merc
strictures of that game.  I wanted to be able to have my friends and I
come
up with our own countries/powers to fight, since the DS rulebook really
pushes the "generic" quality of the game).  Yet as I observe discussions
of
the game, I notice that the political entities of the "canon" are almost
as
integral to the discussions as are the rules themselves, though I admit
this
is least rampant in discussions of DS II (eg Hammer's Slammers
discussions,
etc.).

For those that stick to the Tuffleyverse, I have a further question:  In

deciding on which entity you'd focus on (Are you FSE? NSL? NAC? etc),
did
you pick one that reflected your own preferences for tactics and
strategy,
or did you pick the one with the most esthetically pleasing
ship/tank/uniform designs (or coolest name), and learn to follow their
tactical doctrines?  Or do you just pick a power to name yourself, and
design units/tactics to suit yourself, whether that's typical of s aid
power
or not?

Final question, for SG/DS:  Has anyone done anything with what happens
in
the future to the French Foreign Legion? Are the in the TO&E of one of
the
powers in the Tuffleyverse?

Thanks,

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud