Prev: RE: Battle Music Next: Re: Nuns with balls

Apology Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 06:16:54 -0600
Subject: Apology Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

Of course, my comments had examples appropriate to SGII. The ideas
stand,
but I should have used other things for DSII landers. 1/144 is great,
and I
STILL think a Hind properly converted would be a mutha.

***
I seen once in a magazine somewhere, where this guy made his own
"landing
craft"
from a spent "underarm deoderant" container.  He added the bowl part of
plastic spoon to the top on the front edge, off-set to one side.  The
"landing
ramp" was attached (i think) to the underside of the front.  The entire
opening
was on the bottom side.
I don't remember if the craft had landing gear, or was made to look like
it
was
hovering.  Oh yes, the whole thing was painted green.
***

Except for the ramp and opening, you're describing the skimmer from
WH40K,
Rogue Trader. Wouldn't be the least surprised it was used otherwise.

I wanted to use a 1/350 Soviet Typhoon sub for a SM company ship in epic
scale. Upside down, the missle hatches would have been for drop pods.
Even
got started...

Prev: RE: Battle Music Next: Re: Nuns with balls