Prev: RE: [FT] Fifth Frontier Thrust Next: RE: [DSII]: Website update: pictures of Kra'Vak 6mm

Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:40:58 -0000
Subject: Re: DS2:Scratchbuilding a dropship

----- Original Message -----
From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@acd.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 9:04 AM
SNIP

> David Tan wrote:
>
> > Has anyone attempted scratch building a dropship (a la the big GZG
one)?
> > can't afford the commercial thing and was wondering how one would do
it -
> > balsa, stockcard, foamboard??

SNIP.

> > cheers
> > dave tan

The MiG 25 is another good starting point- e.g. remove the whole nose,
leaving the intakes as the entrance to the hold, to be covered by a
ramp.
The horizontal tail parts can then be fitted vertically on the main wing
upper surfaces at about the position of the inner wing fence, a new
flight
deck added somewhere or other and a few bits and pieces fitted to pretty
it
up.  I've done this using 1/144 scale Foxbats, which are VERY cheap, to
make
a smaller lander.  The approximate dimensions are length- 95mm, span-
95mm,
with the maximum width and height of the hull 25x15mm.	A 1/72 kit would
double these dimensions and a 1/48 kit triple them.

Rob Paul

Prev: RE: [FT] Fifth Frontier Thrust Next: RE: [DSII]: Website update: pictures of Kra'Vak 6mm