Prev: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID.... Next: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID....

Re: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID....

From: -MWS- <hauptman@s...>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:56:14 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID....

At 12:36 PM 10/25/2001 -0400, Tomb wrote:
>Hi dudes, sorry for the OT....
>
>But I'm trying to find another copy of a particular gear I own but
don't
>know the name of (never played any DP9 stuff, just bought their figs
for
>SG2). It's from the older line of Gears (20mm?).
>
>The particular characteristic that sets it apart from the others is its
>weapon. It has a weapon I've termed a "railgun" - basically it is a
>rifle type weapon (Gear-scale...) with no visible magazine. The rifle,
>instead of having a round barrel, is very squarish/rectangular. The
>weapon is somewhere between 1.25 and 1.5" long, and is roughly uniform
>width and height from barrel to stock-end. The has flat sides, top and
>bottom (thus leading to its rectangular cross section and its
>non-tapering look).
>
>I've never seen this weapon on another gear - and I have about 15
>others. I _think_ it is a Northern Gear, but I'm not 100% sure.
>
>Sorry I don't have a picture that would be of any use (I have some at a
>great distance, but not enough to make out detail).
>
>So, anyone think they might know the name of this Gear? Or have an
>on-line library of Gear Pics with names that I can use to identify it?
>It is the one gear I'd really like to find more of. (Not that I won't
be
>buying others anyway! - I cleaned out our local supplier to get my
>current 15 or so.)
>
>Tomb.

Hiya Tomb!

That weapon actually sounds like a DPG (Deployable Pack Gun) more than
anything else, and there are quite a few Gear minis that wield it.  Is
the
trigger handle in the middle of the gun bottom (instead of being offset
the rear like most gun triggers are), and is there a small cylinder-like

piece (the gun hinge!) running across the middle of the top of the gun?

Take a look at the gun held by the Iguana
(http://www.sfcmd.com/hg/gallery/Iguana.htm), and see if it looks the
same
. . .

Mark W Shurtleff
     aka "Togashi Gaijin" on the Clan War ML
     aka "Hauptman" on the GZG and Heavy Gear ML
email: hauptman@sfcmd.com     homepage: http://www.sfcmd.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID.... Next: Re: [OT] Heavy Gear - ISO gear ID....