Prev: Re: Hi from a newcomer ! Next: Re: Hi from a newcomer !

Re: [SGII] VTOL AND Final Fantasy ship?

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 04:55:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] VTOL AND Final Fantasy ship?

***
Otherwise looks good. Maybe a more forward-facing approach to the jet
intakes? Winglets are fine, cockpit/nose is very nice indeed.
***

Forward-facing, especially on the fore thrusters, would seem to involve
more cutting, or having both exhausts pointing rearward, something I'm
thinking you'd might not be entirely happy with.

Have you considered ordinance on the tips of the winglets? It'd visually
bring the balance a bit forward. Just a thought; I think I had less
problem
with the tail.

Also, try rotating the tail fins downward, just for a look. They might
stick below too far, though.

Please consider these options. Very nice piece the way you've done it,
very
not instantly 'oh, that's a' sinking feeling.

You've inspired me to drag out the 144th kits out of the basement for
another look. Course, after my recent fiasco of converting the Lost In
Space movie ship to GEV tank, I'm a bit kit-bashing shy. ;->=

***
I saw the model for $15 a few weeks ago at our local store but couldn't
find it when I was there on Sunday.
***

I had the same 'missed' feeling here. I gather they didn't over produce
the
stuff. I'll wait and see, scanning the toy liquidators,but I fear it's
our
loss.

Prev: Re: Hi from a newcomer ! Next: Re: Hi from a newcomer !