Prev: Re: Hi from a newcomer ! Next: [FT] Library for xfig

Re: Hi from a newcomer !

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:51:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Hi from a newcomer !

Hi Ash,

> I've just subscribed to this list so I have no idea what it is like-
perhaps
> I should wait a bit but I guess I'm keen to jump in! So, hello to
everyone.

This list is a bit peculiar in that:
a. it has a very good signal-to-noise ratio.
b. there are exceptionally few flames
c. Jon Tuffley not only runs GZG, he also reads this list
d. the list members are generally intelligent, perceptive, educated
people

That last one can sneak up on you.  When someone talks about physics,
obscure deep sea life, antitank weapons design, sensor detection values,
or
what it's like to land 100ft away after being blown out of the hatch of
your
armored vehicle which ran over a mine--please bear in mind that they
very
likely know from firsthand experience what they're talking about.
Contrariwise, if you are (for example) a SAS captain and you feel a need
correct some ignorant civilian like me who is babbling about infantry
tactics, you might want to state your credentials up front for the first
couple of times, until we get to know you.

> I've picked up the Full Thrust rules and will be trying them out with
my
> wargaming group once my mini's have arrived. I wondered if anyone
knows
where
> I might find a complete gallery (online) of all the models available
and
also
> if there are any rules for some the fleets not covered in the rules
and\or
> fleet books (eg UN ?)

Miniatures are available for the Islamic Federation Navy but no official
ship designs.  I've been subtly hinting to Jon Tuffley (often referred
to as
St^3 Jon to distinguish from other Jons on the list) for a couple of
years
that my designs fit the minis and would be just perfect to be designated
as
Official:

http://home.quixnet.net/~deboe/gzg/if/ifships.htm

Most of the links on that page are not active yet, it's another item on
my

Prev: Re: Hi from a newcomer ! Next: [FT] Library for xfig