Prev: RE: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile pack s) Next: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile packs)

Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile packs)

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 18:19:32 -0500
Subject: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile packs)

> > I also made one that took a bit more work.	I started with a block
of
> floral foam, which
> > is very crumbly and easy to shape.
>
> And gets powder/dust/little-static-charged-bits over everything it
gets in
> touch with, if you're not careful.  Keep this in mind when you select
a work
> area, then bear in mind that you must paint it, cover it with glue, or
> something.

Quite true.  Only the initial bit was really messy; I got some fine
powder flaking off
from handling it while I was applying the gel medium, but not much at
all.

And once the medium dried, it sealed it perfectly.  No problems at all.

I love the gel medium; it's so easy to work with.  I use it for all of
my bases now, too.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/