Prev: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile packs) Next: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile packs)

Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile packs)

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:48:36 -0400
Subject: Re: (FT) Miniature ideas (Space Staions, planets and missile packs)

>   The planet isn't that hard, but I am looking for other ideas for it.
 My
> idea for the planet is one of those styrofoam balls that you can get
in
> craft shops and paint it up, but looking for other ideas.

For GZGECC, I used a plywood disc, 12" dia, which any hardware store
should
have, then sealed it and painted.  I used a spray sealer, which took
forever
since the wood soaked it up.  Cheap, easy to paint (once you've sealed
it),
easy to transport and store.

If you want something spherical and you have a lighting supply shop
handy,
you can ask if they have acrylic lighting globes.  But they can run $10,
$25, or *lots and lots* depending on how big you want.

>   The missile packs, I am completely lost other than using counters,
but
if
> anyone can found/created a miniature for them, I'd love to see them.

White golf tees.  If you want to keep track of different missile types,
you