Prev: Re: Tau Gun Drones... Next: [SGII]: PA in close assault, Multiple opponents

Re: [OT] Die rolling can o' worms Re: WWII DSII

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 11:42:33 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Die rolling can o' worms Re: WWII DSII

Oh, this topic is for me.  :-)

The d6 system GW (and many others) uses is my least favorite system for
all
the reasons you gave.  It was designed to be simple, then they add
modifier
after modifier until it is more complex than the alternatives.	To make
it
worse, 'some companies' require extra books(aka "codex") or a lifetime
subscription to their magazine to keep up to date on the latest
modifiers/rules.

The FMA system is breath of fresh air IMHO.  It allows a nice level
detail
with a few modifiers without becoming too bogged down.	An all around
good
compromise and good system IMHO.

BUT, I suspect I am in a small minority here, but I LOVE tables.  A
single,
well laid-out chart/table can have literally  magnitudes more detail and

subtly than either of these systems if the tables are constructed
correctly
(IMHO).  Sure, you have to look up the result each time you roll a dice,
but
if the tables can fit on a double sided sheet for play this is no real
hardship IMHO.

My two cents.

The Grumbling Grognard

Prev: Re: Tau Gun Drones... Next: [SGII]: PA in close assault, Multiple opponents