Prev: [SG] looks like a scenario! Next: Sci-Fi Spear-Head

Re: WWII DSII

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:33:51 +0000
Subject: Re: WWII DSII

Bill,

>Well we're interested in lots of rules sets, but from what I've read
about
>Spearhead, it's not really an analog to DSII.	DSII is a Battalion
level
>game, and Spearhead is a Divisional level game.  Just a tad different.
>Plus DS has the advantage that I already have it, whereas I don't have
>Spearhead.
>
>Bill

Yeah, I suppose so, but the number of figures required are pretty
similar
and the mechanics are so nice, they are much more simple and quick play.

Anyway, use HVCs and RFACs and that oughta give you a nice feeling game,
but
I find the "roll 1 D6" mechanism easier than the "opposed dice for
hit/miss
followed by chits for damage resolution" mechanism makes for a much
quicker
(or larger) game.

Anyway, as I said I think there are some army lists etc on the web, use
google or something

Richard

Prev: [SG] looks like a scenario! Next: Sci-Fi Spear-Head