Prev: Re: Depraved...(semi-long) Next: Simpler space games for young uns

Depraved thanks

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:48:08 +0900
Subject: Depraved thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Ogre and Red Chicken I have and have played and am
considering; Outer Rim was new to me, but seeing how short
and sweet it is it might be the answer. ShockForce I have
never seen, but since they charge $18 for the manual I
assume it's about as full of rules as a GZG product.

Most of you, however, suggest just paring the GZG games down
to the minimum and starting there, which certainly sounds
like the most direct way to get where I'm going. If Jon
offered a set of "quick start rules" (which would probably
fit on a single 2-sided sheet) it would be delightful.

After I digest Outer Rim (a 2-page rule set is unlikely to
intimidate new players...), I figure out whether to go with
it or write up an FT crib sheet.

For DS and SG, I guess abstracting the GZG ruleset is the
best way to go.

Thanks to you all for all the help!

=====
In some respects the better a book is, the less it demands
from the binding.
- Charles Lamb
=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120

Prev: Re: Depraved...(semi-long) Next: Simpler space games for young uns