Prev: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING Next: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING

Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:33:50 -0400
Subject: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@hotmail.com>

> >And if you use some kind of mould-release, it can help the mould life
> >quite a bit.
>
> I will be using Vasiline.  I have been told that if you heat it a bit
and
> rub it on it works well.  And it is dirt cheap.

Camie Campbell sells several mold release sprays which work as well as,
and
are rather less expensive then, the 3M stuff (something like $4/can
IIRC).
Try www.camie.com and see if you can locate a distributor nearby--and
call
that distributor to be sure they sell single cans over the counter (some
only sell cases).  Or just call a plastics distributor (eg Ain, Laird,
Cadillac, Commercial Plastics, Piedmont, maybe Trident).
I don't know how well Vaseline works, none of our customers molders ever
mentioned it to me--of course, they were also mostly high volume, high
speed

Prev: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING Next: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain AND CASTING