Prev: RE: [DS, maybee SG] Odd questions Next: Re: [DS, maybee SG] Odd questions

Re: Interesting Paint

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:22:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Interesting Paint

At 05:14 PM 10/14/01 +0200, you wrote:
>> It's an acrylic FolkArt color: Sparkles Holographic Glitter (#267).
It's
>a white paint
>> (which dries clear) with a very fine glitter suspended in it.  The
glitter
>is really neat:
>> it shifts color according to the angles that it's being viewed at.
>>
>> I'm not sure what else I'm going to use it for,
>
>-Spaceship drives
>-Wormholes
>-Alien structures
>-Vehicles with strong ECM/stealth/dazzle properties (the paint
represents
>the sencor disruption created by the system)
>-Exotic costumes

I'm finding that it shows up best against a dark background color -- no
surprise, really.  As an element of a "space camo", it could look pretty
good.  A truly dazzling dazzle pattern....

For a more dramatic effect, a guy that I know used "embossing powder" --
VERY fine glitter, little more than a powder -- when painting his Eldar
titans.  The effect was incredible, and I've often thought that it would
look equally good if used (sparingly) on 1/300 scale tanks.

I've only worked with the stuff once, but it worked out pretty well:

http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/Graphics/TheKing.jpg

...on the King's cuffs and collar.  Not the easiest stuff to work with,
but
worth the effort.

John Crimmins	  johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: RE: [DS, maybee SG] Odd questions Next: Re: [DS, maybee SG] Odd questions