Prev: Re: DS2:Basing elements Next: Re: 1/300 Starport Terrain

RE: [FT] really quick 'n' simple sensor rules

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 19:10:10 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] really quick 'n' simple sensor rules

In message <576A86EC05E22742A26B1D742DE7529225763F@molly.tas.csiro.au>
	  Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> G'day,
>
> >Total up all the fire controls in a fleet,
> >and divide by 10 (round to nearest whole number),
> >add the number of enhanced sensor systems in
> >fleet, and add 2x the number of superior sensor
> >systems in the fleet. Roll that number of d6's,
> >scoring them as beam dice (re-roll 6s), and
> >total, this gives the sensor score of the fleet....
>
> I take it this is easier to do than say?

I hope so, ok, lets looks at a sample fleet (one of the tournament
fleets
me & Paul Radford use).

NAC SDN Fleet

1x Valley Forge SDN:	3 Firecons
1x Vandenburg CH:	2 Firecons
1x Huron CL:		2 Firecons
2x Ticonderoga DD:	2 x 1 Firecons = 2
3x Minerva FF:		3 x 1 Firecons = 3
Total:			12 Firecons - so rolls 1 sensor dice

Change one of the Tico's to a sensor platform (remove 1 B-1 and 1 B-2,
change arcs on other B-2 to be FP/F/FS, add enhanced sensors, increase
NPV by 3).
This adds an additional sensor dice.

Most of the other fleets had about 12-13 Firecons, the smallest number
IIRC was the FSE carrier fleet with 9.

Hopefully this should not pose to much of a challenge, as it only has to
be done once :-)

Oh, and I think I forgot, if the sensor rolls are a tie - set up
simultainiously.

> >Optional Rules
>
> I take it these are the only bits that aren't covered in the one roll
at the
> start stuff?

Thats the idea!

> How does it all actually play? Does it slow down stuff much?
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

Well, when I get round to testing it I'll let you all know, but ATM I'm
in the middle of buying a house :-|.

But I don't think it will affect play speed much (the intention was to
minimise this) unless the optional rules come into play, which would
require either cloaking devices, stealth technology, and/or space
terrain
to be in use.

Charles

Prev: Re: DS2:Basing elements Next: Re: 1/300 Starport Terrain