Prev: Re: [DS, maybee SG] Odd questions Next: Re: DS2:Basing elements

Re: 1/300 Starport Terrain

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:25:58 +0100
Subject: Re: 1/300 Starport Terrain

>    I just joined the list and have a question I hope	someone from the
UK
>can answer for me.    When I was in the UK last year, I attended the
>w.M.M.S show in Birmingham. There was a vendor there selling 1/300
science
>fiction terrain. Of particular interest was a starport complex, which
I'm
>still	kicking myself for not buying. I'd love to identify this vendor
and
>see if I can  buy this terrain still.	 The starport consisted of low
>buildings with very  sloped walls, 45 degrees or so. Kind of a cross
>between bunkers and civilian  structures, I guess. The demo model was
>painted gray with yellow and black  stripes in the landing areas. The
tops
>of the buildings were pretty flat, and  all the buildings seemed pretty
>rectilinear IIRC.   Pretty vague description, I realize, but if it
sounds
>familiar, I appreciate any information I can get.   Thanks,   Cary
Hocker

If the tradestand display was a diorama style set-up in a perspex case,
then you're probably thinking of the stuff by Mainly Military/MBG - a
range
that's recently changed hands, having been in production for a LONG time
(since the late 70s, IIRC) - but they are still very nice pieces and
very
usable.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [DS, maybee SG] Odd questions Next: Re: DS2:Basing elements