Prev: [OT](maybe) Drives list... Next: Re: [ot] Cool anime fleet battles to get inspiriation from.

Re: [ot] Cool anime fleet battles to get inspiriation from.

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:15:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [ot] Cool anime fleet battles to get inspiriation from.

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> ***
> No MECHA!? Not real anime then.
> ***
>
> Well, the Imperial fighters have long weapons that swing in a manner
that
> suggests arms, if you squint REAL tight...
>
> ***
> Unless it has nudity. :)
> ***
>
> Oh, that's just wrong! And *I'M* called a dirty old man!

Nah, Jaime's a dirty young man...

> By the way, the good stuff is referred to as 'hentai'...

...and now we know which websites you two have been surfing to... did we
really need to, though? :>

> It's been awhile, but I think Lensman has some smaller battles. Also,
I do
> remember seeing a bit of anime that had HUGE battles, rendered in
almost
> ink line drawings, but I didn't catch the name. Maybe Votoms? I think
it
> was very late in one of the mecha series.
>
> Definitely wouldn't be the first time I missed something really good
> because of a small personal peeve.

I used to be fairly anti-mecha; the DP9 Heavy Gear stuff converted me.
Not
only is it fairly 'hard science' (yes, that's loosely applied for mecha)
but the figures are widely available - there aren't enough
15mm-compatible
SFish vehicles out there to be avoiding walky things...

Prev: [OT](maybe) Drives list... Next: Re: [ot] Cool anime fleet battles to get inspiriation from.