Prev: Re: Roulette odds Next: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain Was Con events Re: images from space

Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:41:47 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain

I am using foam core board, styrene sheets, sculpy and epoxy.  But I am
lazy. <g>  My approach is NOT to build each and every wall.

Instead I am just going to make one good (hopefully) set of modules.
Then
create a set of molds from them using RTV silicone and cast lots and
lots of
duplicates using dental cement or resin.

I was hoping to be able to cast these as one piece units, but I don't
think
that is plausible.  Does anyone know if the Ainsty star base pieces need
be assembled or if they cast as a single unit?

BTW I just finished my first "master" last night.  Not as detailed as
the
Ainsty units I have seen, but I am pleased.  Now to get some RTV
silicone
locally...

Scott Clinton
The Grumbling Grognard