Prev: Temp email and thanks Next: Roulette odds

Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain Was Con events Re: images from space

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 05:32:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] Modular Starship Terrain Was Con events Re: images from space

Just wanted to remind all of an option 'halfway' between paper/cardboard
and resin: vacuform.

The plastic can be a bit fragile, and, depending on the method of
molding,
the detail a bit blurred, but it's nearly at light as stiff cardboard,
and
as three dimensional as resin. And the price tends to be very good.

I mentioned Sci-Fi Supply on list a while ago, but I don't have the web
site handy. Are there other companies doing similar? Has anyone done
their
own?

I've both an old Mattel Vacu-form and the more recent, reversed mold
version. Anyone try using these for their own walls? Natch, in much
smaller
chunks than you can do with Wild Walls.

Prev: Temp email and thanks Next: Roulette odds