Prev: Re: SGII Forces Size Next: Re: [SGII] Con events Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain

Re: SGII Forces Size

From: Kevin Balentine <balentine_media@y...>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:47:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: SGII Forces Size

--- Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:
> As I try to anticipate how big a force to create for
> the much
> anticipated FMASk, I stated to wonder what the
> typical size of battle is
> for those who play SGII. I know we usually play with
> a minimum of a
> platoon with vehicle support but then we play in
> 15mm so we can have
> larger battles for the same table size. What does
> everyone else play to
> normally?
>
> Jaime

I think my group is the exception rather than the
rule, but we tend to play bigger games than most of
the responses indicate.

We usually play with some combination of the
following:

1-2 platoons of infantry (four squads each);
0-2 platoons of size 1-3 vehicles (4 vehicles);
0-1 sections of guns (two pieces);
and various support elements.

Our table size varies from 6x5 up to 6x8.

We also play with smaller forces, but almost never
less than two platoons per side.

Our games usually take 3-5 hours to play.

Kevin

Prev: Re: SGII Forces Size Next: Re: [SGII] Con events Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain