Prev: Re: SFSFW [was Brigade Models] Next: Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain modeler!

[SGII] Con events Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain modeler!

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:09:40 -0500
Subject: [SGII] Con events Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain modeler!

***
What a great idea for a convention game.  If the assault is close enough
you could even do one unit of artillery is supporting all of them and
can only call in one strike a turn with limited ammo.
***

I figured there might be a problem with logistics, as in the game play,
not
a game rule. Do you want knowledge shared between tables? Do the tables
need to be separated? Are the results somehow tied?

Never thought of shared support, though. Good point!

The other option is that the series runs in order, i.e., working your
way
up the valley, or a combination of the two, but my head hurts at that
point.

By the way, I went to a small convention in Omaha, NE, USA, last
weekend,
NukeCon. Finally got to play FTII again, but don't ask; this Klingon
hangs
his head in shame, though I DID draw first blood. Also got my Aliens
board
game out. I love hearing someone's non-gaming wife say 'Now there's a
game
I'd play again!' ;->=

NukeCon has been lame on occasion, but this one was pretty kewl,
especially
Sunday's Outrider-run 40K 'Orky-nawa'. NICE visual effect. Small cons
are
worth putting a little effort to both attend, and try and run something.

Prev: Re: SFSFW [was Brigade Models] Next: Re: images from space - for the ambitious terrain modeler!