Prev: Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm Next: RE: 25mm and the herresy of **mm

Re: Vehicle cammo website/Babel Fish

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 22:50:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Vehicle cammo website/Babel Fish

On Mon, 08 Oct 2001 20:13:23 +0000, "Richard Kirke"
<richardkirke@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks, you're a star, I now have a working (if slightly amusing)
English
>website to look at... about the pro one, Nice try!

Sorry I didn't reply, but I just saw your URL request! *S*

Yeah, it's quite funny to read. But some of it is obviously a problem in
retranslation. The US's Marine Corps was translated, from the German, as
"navy
Corps". You can understand why. The machine translations, while amusing,
make
foreign language web sites useful.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: 25mm and the herresy of **mm Next: RE: 25mm and the herresy of **mm