Prev: Re: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted Next: God's own true scale was Re: Eli's retro power armour pictures posted

Re: Vehicle cammo website

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:45:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Vehicle cammo website

On Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:11:05 +0200 (MEST), KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
wrote:

>Hello everybody
>
>Found another website with interesting real-life vehicle camouflage
>schemes
>http://www.panzerbaer.de/colours/default.htm
>
>The text is in german, but the figures should speak for themselves.

This is a very cool site. I didn't understand the German, so I pointed
Babel
Fish to it. For those who don't know, Babel Fish (named after the
translation
fish in "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy") is part of the Alta Vista
search
engine. It does a whole bunch of language translations.

At any rate, Babel Fish translated the site well enough to read, though
some
of the technical stuff didn't translate (Flecktarnanstrich, for one,
though
you can sort of guess what it is). I smiled at, "The other armed
services (air
Force, Navy, navy Corps) as well as for special vehicles (e.g.
engineering
equipment) apply separate manuals." German grammar doesn't translate
EXACTLY
to English via Babel Fish.

This is a good site, and as Brian said, I didn't realize the "paint by
numbers" aspect of the cammo schemes.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,