Prev: RE: [DS] Mixed units? Next: RE: [DS] Mixed units?

Re: [OT] 1s r us chuckle

From: Aaron Teske <mithramuse@y...>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:13:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] 1s r us chuckle

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:
> thus spake Aaron :
> > Ah, the memories... with allies like these,
> > who needs enemies? <grin>
>
> well, I got the first inkling of the way things
> were going when Stuart said "your commander's a
> *three*?  Try again.	Right, you're still a
> three."   And  "Oh, that's bad, roll again.  Oh,
> that's worse--keep that one!"

As anyone who has played under him can attest, Stuart
is a kind and generous individual.  Except when he's
refereeing a scenario, when he becomes something of a
cold and heartless bastard, as far as his players are
concerned, though he has a great (when viewed from
outside) sense of humor.  (Or, since he is from the
UK, sense of humour.) ^_^

> > stuff.  We *did* actually get some good shots in
> > there, really we did!)
>
> You mean at the civilians?  Aside from that, the
> only particularly successful bit I recall was
> your command element turning and chasing
> off the assault squads in hand-to-hand.

Hmm, that too, though they did spend a fair bit of
time running at first.	But I was also thinking of the
tank side of things; I got in some pretty good
shooting, IIRC they got one of my 3 tanks, then I got
all 3 of the tanks in one group with no more losses,
plus one or both of the Star Wars robot tanks with
only one loss.	(In other words, I had one very good
tank & crew!)

I think that's what happened, anyway, though the
disasterous events (medevac choppers both going down,
the civvies, losing half the PA, self-inflicted arty
wounds) do come to mind somewhat more easily....

			  Aaron

NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just
$8.95/month.

Prev: RE: [DS] Mixed units? Next: RE: [DS] Mixed units?