Prev: Re: Site Test Next: Re: Test

Re: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:41:41 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

Scott Clinton wrote:

> 1/10 pay for "downtime" seems reasonable to me.  It does not sound
like a
> lot, but who else gets paid for sleeping.  :-D
>
> Scott
> The Grumbling Grognard

The problem with only paying a reduced rate for downtime is that you
only know
the active/passive ratio when they get back.  It is much easier to pay
your
time-dilated marines a lower salary, and let compound interest handle
the
rest.  That being said, you have to ensure that returning, retiring
veterans
do not cause great dislocations in the economy.

Re-investing their uncollected pay is good for the economy, but you have
keep the veterans from liquifying their wealth and leaving society.  No

Prev: Re: Site Test Next: Re: Test