Prev: Re: Site Test Next: Re: Site Test

Re: (Semi OT) Article on Wargamers

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:28:17 -0400
Subject: Re: (Semi OT) Article on Wargamers

Jeff Stone wrote:

> Some may be interested in an article appearing on the National Review
> Online website dealing with war gamers and their knowledge/affect on
civil
> policy in light of recent events.  Very positive article titled;
Wargames,
> Computer Geeks and War.
>
> http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel100101.shtml
>
> J.S.

He lost me when he said "arabs had not produced a great military leader,
or
great military force in a very,very, very long time".  He seems to be
blissfully ignorant of the egyptians of 1973 that would have completely
gutted
the Israeli armed forces if the US had not shipped in as much materiel
as they
did.  Sadat was defeated by the US, not by Israel.  For reasons of their
own,
the Soviets stopped providing support, so Egypt had to back down.

Prev: Re: Site Test Next: Re: Site Test