Prev: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183 Next: Re: [DS+FT] A scenery suggestion

Re: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:28:35 +0900
Subject: Re: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183

This was mentioned in Haldeman's Forever War, but darned if I can
remember the details.
They all ended up pretty wealthy, though.

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Do you get paid for downtime? Time dilation
> would surely wreck your life back on any planet,
> so you'd think there would be some sort of
> premium, but paying the troopie for every
> minute of their sleep makes for a high cost per
> active minute....

=====
Until it is kindled by a spirit as lovingly alive as the one which gave
it birth, a book is dead to us. Words divested of their magic are but
dead hieroglyphs.
- Henry Miller, "The Books in My Life"
=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120
Fax: +81-92-712-9220

Prev: [OT] [HIST] Paymasters of 2183 Next: Re: [DS+FT] A scenery suggestion