Prev: Re: Islamic Ships Next: Re: Hi

Re: Stuff to look out for in model shops

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 17:01:29 +0100
Subject: Re: Stuff to look out for in model shops

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> ***
> Even more useful (if you can find 'em) are the AA versions of the
AMX-30
> and AMX-13. Both have twin gun turrets and would be unfamiliar to most
> SF gamers at first glance (ie you wouldn't get the annoying "I know
what
> you made that from ..." comment every time you put them on the table
!).
> ***
>
> Good point, though the only AMX-30 I've seen was in steel, and I think
> conversion for my skills would be a bit daunting. ;->=
>
> Imagine the scorn and derision I'll be getting if I ever get my gev
> together, using an M1 hull and a T-72 turret. If only I could have
gotten
> that T-80 kit.
>
> On the DSII side, I've been curious what folks have found useful
amongst
> kits. I think someone mentioned using 1/144 'copters for groppo
support
> craft, and I noticed recently that Revell has re-issued the F-19
'curvy'
> stealth fighter in 1/144, which I'd only seen out by Hobbycraft
previously.
> Back in 1st edition Epic, I wanted to cut up the back end to accept a
Rhino
> (Evil Empire(tm)) and use it for a drop ship.

I have a 1/144th F-19 in my 15mm forces, along with a heavily converted
1/144th Mi-28 Havoc.

As far as plastics kits go for 1/300th forces, the only use I've ever
found is as detailing parts for scenery items. The only thing that
springs to mind is if you're scratchbuilding an Ogre or similar.

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer
Kuju Entertainment