Prev: RE: [DSII] House rules for sinking GEV's Next: Fwd: [ot] Noam makes Nature!

Re: [FT] Fighter Bay Thoughts

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:47:46 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter Bay Thoughts

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As is generally known, the current rules allow all fighters to be
> launched at once.
>
> However, what about a bay that has no direct access? Sort of like the
> difference between an SMR and a SML/Magazine combination.
>
> My thought is that the savings, if such a thing were to be done,
> should be small. As the approach "phase" of a battle is likely to
> last at least two turns, not being able to launch all your fighters
> at once is hardly a severe penalty.

The limitation is not so much that they cannot be launched at once, it
is
that they cannot all be re-armed at once.  However, any battle that
lasts
long enough for the fighters to have expended all of their endurance has
probably already been won or lost.

>From a practical standpoint, you would want three areas: launch,
recovery, and service.	If you must continue recovering fighters, it
would be nice to be able to launch re-armed fighters at the same time.
It also allows surges when both launch and recovery are used to launch
or
recover.  So a carrier on these lines could launch two squadrons at a
time, recover two squadrons at a time, or recover one squadron while

Prev: RE: [DSII] House rules for sinking GEV's Next: Fwd: [ot] Noam makes Nature!