Prev: RE: [DS] FMA DSII+ Next: RE: [DS] FMA DSII+

Re: [DS] FMA DSII+

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:24:35 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [DS] FMA DSII+

On 27-Sep-01 at 09:13, Bell, Brian K (Contractor)
(Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil)
wrote: > Hmmm. May take longer than I thought.

> It appears that there are almost 800 billion combinations for the chit
> pulls using various weapon size, validity, and target armor.
>
> 1 Chit  7*5*119+
> 2 Chits 7*5*119*118+
> 3 Chits 7*5*119*118*117+
> 4 Chits 7*5*119*118*117*116+
> 5 Chits 7*5*119*118*117*116*115 =
> 773,804,775,065 combinations

You are running into what I would call a "Metarule".

Unless there was a statistical study made of weapons
fire on armour in order to set the number of chits
(which I doubt) this method of generating hits is
_arbitrary_.  It is what felt good to  John and his
playtesters.  It does not need to be exact, just
close enough that gameplay "feels" similar.

Don't get so involved in the number crunching that
you lose sight of this.

Prev: RE: [DS] FMA DSII+ Next: RE: [DS] FMA DSII+