Prev: Re: FMA DSII+ [ATTN: JON] Next: Re: FMA DSII+ [ATTN: JON]

Re: FT-WDA?

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:25:40 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-WDA?

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@austarmetro.com.au>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 1:01 PM

> From: "Charles Taylor" <charles.taylor@cableol.co.uk>
>

> ...and in FT3 there may be no MT-Missile-only-launcher, you gotta use
> one that can take an SM or MTM. Which would mass 3, not 2, and cost 9,
not
> 6.
> So a 6-mass magazine might have 2 SMs and 2 MTMs, or 1 SM and 4 MTMs,
> or 6 MTMs, or 2 SM-ERs....
>
> MTs in racks mass 2, and cost 6, as per FB1.

I do like the 2 mass launcher and 1 mass ammo per round myself. If I can
get
it to be aggreed in my group, it will be my standard light unit weapon
(very
effective when using fighter movement rules for the MT missiles). The
version above will be useful for the heavier units (capitols and the
like,
the ones with the mass), in giveng the units flexibility in either
heavier
salvos against PDS (SML`s), or range and trying to overwhelm the PDS
with
number of incoming (MT).

Just my opionion, subject to change in play <G>.

Prev: Re: FMA DSII+ [ATTN: JON] Next: Re: FMA DSII+ [ATTN: JON]