Prev: Re: FMA DSII+ Next: Re: [OT] Virus warning

Re: FMA DSII+

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:07:52 EDT
Subject: Re: FMA DSII+

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:53:51 -0600 "mrUseless" <mruseless@home.com>
writes:
>> Roger, if Jon goes to a "SG" feel for DS2 I will ignore it and play
>with
>> either the chits (which i have no problem with) or the (if I develop
>> dislike for the chits)  posted mods/dice method by Brian.  I don't
>think
>> I want DS2 (company sized battle) to feel like a skirmish.
>
>Not the intent.

Hoped that was true.

>> Neither do I
>> have a wild desire to see either game gutted to look like or be
>> compatible with the other.
>
>That's exactly what I want...

Well, then you shall press GZG to do so and I shall press him not to do
so.  And that's as it should be.

>>Maybe because I don't play SG2 and maybe
>> because I like the way DS2 works.
>
>I'm just the opposite. I love the way SG2 works, and want DS2 to work
>in the
>same vein. I play both, and I find that the game mechanics are often
>"opposite" between the two games. I end up having to look up the rules
>much
>more often that I would like.

Well we have completely incompatible 'goals' it seems.	Que sera, sera.
Now I agree it would be nice to have an index!	So much time in the rule
books in part and parcel of playing more then one rule set <grin> but I
understand your feeling.  I used yo have those kind of ideas... when I
was young. <grin>  Seriously, I find the DS2 rules '...just fine for
me...' but again our different uses and interests put us on opposite
ends
of the question.

>>And maybe because I hate change
>> without what I perceive (yes it is subjective) to be a need.  I get
>> enough of that at work (like some Grunt wants a laptop filled with a
>> non-existant G.I.S. over a map in a fox hole.)  To me it isn't
>broken so
>> it shouldn't be 'fixed'!
>
>Then play it the way it was written :)

And I will.  And you should definitely follow GZG's dictum and change
what doesn't satisfy you.

>I would like to "fix" it to match my style and preference
>Cheers
>Eric

The do so, by all means.  And let us know how it works out (AAR's and
such) please.

I wish you well in your endeavors (just as long as it doesn't convince
GZG to change a "perfectly good game" that is.) <VBG>

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: FMA DSII+ Next: Re: [OT] Virus warning