Prev: Re: FMA DSII+ Next: Re: FMA DSII+

Re: FMA DSII+

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:09:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FMA DSII+

On 24-Sep-01 at 16:59, -MWS- (mshurtleff1@qwest.net) wrote:
> At 04:46 PM 9/24/2001 -0400, Roger Books wrote:
> >Yes, I know, DS is already FMA.  I'm talking about dropping
> >chits and going to a SG style of fire resolution.  Here
> >are the initial ideas, probably paraphrased out of SG with
> >minor mods.
> [snip]
>
> Brian Bell has already the conversion - here's the URL:
>
>	   http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/techlib/ds2fma.asp
>
> I posted a request about a week ago for playtesting feedback on his
set and
>  got no response.  As soon as I get less busy, Lonnie & I are going to
run
> a  few games using Brian's mods and try them out ourselves.

I looked through his mods and, while they look like they will work,
have a different feel than the SG system.  He is attempting to
duplicate the chit draw with dice.  I don't feel that is any more
realistic, and certainly more complicated that the SG method.

It looks to me that with a little effort DS can be given much
of the same "look and feel" of SG without damaging the system.
Brians mods are DS with Dice.  I'm looking for SG in another
scale, much as the playtest of FMA felt like SG in a bit different
scale.

Prev: Re: FMA DSII+ Next: Re: FMA DSII+