Prev: Re: [SG] Force XXI 15mm? Next: Pics of Eureka 100 Club minis ...

RE: [SG] Force XXI 15mm?

From: "Ted Arlauskas" <ted@n...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 23:36:50 -0700
Subject: RE: [SG] Force XXI 15mm?

>Does anyone have any of the 'Force XXI Miniatures' vehicles or figures?
>
>There's pics at the wesite (http://www.midiowa.com/colsten/) but some
of
>them aren't too clear - esp. the infantry pics.
>
>I'm especially interested in the 4x4, 6x6 & 8x8 APCs & vehicles - there
>aren't many 15mm wheeld SFish vehicles out there.
>
>Can someone comment as to quality of sculpting, casting, etc?

Hey, Brian.  I don't own any of these but did get a chance to see them
last year at Gen Con and _thought_ about buying some.  I really don't
much care for the Force XXI vehicles.  To me they look a little too
amateurish - chunky castings without much detail.  On the plus side,
they do have quite a variety of vehicles.

Have you checked out QRF? http://website.lineone.net/~qrf/index.html
They're a British company that sells 15mm moderns but, as we all know,
it's pretty easy to find obscure modern stuff that works for sci-fi.
Stuart Murray has some French VAB 4x4 APCs that he used at the GZG ECC
IV:
http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/gzgecc/gzgecc4/gallery/S1_FridayNightFir
efig
ht12.jpg
They're the tan camo vehicles in the pic.  You can order from QRF in
England, or their US contact who's email address is on their page.

Have you seen the new DLD 15mm vehicles?  They look great!

<plug>
David's got wheeled APCs, a TOC, and a gun platform.  Also
two tracked scout vehicles.  They've got _lots_ of detail and are
priced just about the same as the Force XXI stuff.  BTW, David
Dunn is the guy who has donated prizes for the ECC, WCC, and is a
gamin' buddy of mine.
http://zippnet.net/~dldproductions/15mmgrndbsd.html
</plug>

For my 15mm gaming I'm currently using a mixture of Peter Pig modern
vehicles, Matchbox Bradleys, Sherman tanks, & AMTRACs, diecast 5 ton
cargo trucks, Johnny Lightning M1 Abrams tanks, and DLD resin vehicles -
oh yes, also some MicroMachines Aliens APCs.  I'm going to order some
QRF light tanks and APCs (Sheridans and Improved M113s) when I get back
in the spring.

Thanks to Stuart Murray for running a great 15mm game at the ECC this
year.  Stuart's great vehicles inspired me to go shopping in this
scale.

-Ted

BTW - have you checked out Andy Cowell's 15mm Resource page?  He's
got (I think) every manufacturer of sci fi and modern 15mm vehicles
listed ...
http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/15mm/

[email]  ted@naxera.com
[AIM]  TArlauskas

Prev: Re: [SG] Force XXI 15mm? Next: Pics of Eureka 100 Club minis ...